The theme that stands out to me the most is the importance of freedom. In the book Ally Condie does a good job on stating this theme because even though Cassia is supposed to go by the rules of the Society, she still falls in love with Ky when her original Match was Xander. One line in the book made the theme clearer which was, "So in the middle of all the noise, I point to the sky. I hope he understands what I mean... and I will find him." (Condie 320). I felt like this quote made me realize that Cassia is starting to be her own person and not go by the rules of the Society. She is trying to be free by choosing her own love instead of having it chosen for her. Something else that supports the theme is when she tells Xander she loves Ky. Since Xander was her Match at first, it probably took a lot to tell him that she loves Ky but she still chose to be the bigger person and tell him how she really feels. The author does other things in the book to have the theme stand out. I think the theme is something that people in our world should notice because its always good to be your own person and not go by what others tell you to do. A lot of people can relate this theme to other books like The Giver and to their life so I think the author wrote a good and relatable theme. The cover for the book is also related to the theme because it shows her stuck inside of a bubble (stuck under the Society's rule) but on the next book she is breaking out so could that mean she is going against the Society for good?
I like how you predicted what would happen next by relating it to the cover!
ReplyDeleteIt seems like a lot of people have read this book. Do you recommend it?
ReplyDeleteThis book seems to be getting pretty popular. I like how you predicted what would happen next!
ReplyDelete