Sunday, July 6, 2014

Post 2 for summer reading

Each of the 3 major characters have something different that they want/desire. 
Miles: I feel like what Miles wants is to fit in with everyone at his school. He kind of is an outcast at school so something he would want to happen is to feel like he belongs to a group. Also I think he wants answers from people because he is curious with people and their last words.
Chip: I think that what Chip wants is whatever he can get. Something that made me think this was when they were having the prank he went along with everything that people told him, not backing out or anything. From that part it made me think he would be fine with whatever.
Alaska: I don't really know what Alaska wants right now because of how complex she is but I think she just doesn't want to put up with anyones crap. I think she wants to just feel like someone cares enough about her.

The way the book is structured is in a before/after set up. It goes "__ days before/after", before being before what happens and after as in after the thing happens. There really isn't any other structure of the book besides that.

One theme that I see so far is, don't take what you have for granted. I think that the characters kind of take what they have for granted because Miles has his family but he chose to stay with Chip for break instead of seeing his family. Alaska takes her life for granted I think because of the line, "Y'all smoke to enjoy it. I smoke to die." I'm almost to the end of the before section of the book and I can't wait to see what ends up happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment