Sunday, July 6, 2014
Post 1 for summer reading
For the summer reading I chose to read Looking for Alaska. There are 3 major characters in this book, Miles "Pudge" Halter, Chip "The Colonel" Martin and Alaska Young. The story takes place in Birmingham, Alabama at a boarding school called Culver Creek Preparatory School. I think the conflict in this book is man vs. self. Miles goes through a lot of peer pressure from what Chip and Alaska do with their group of friends at the school. There is also man vs. man because of the pranks being pulled. I predict that Miles will fall for Alaska because of the way he acts when around her and some of his thoughts he has about her. Something that I want to know about the book is how Miles knows all of the last words said by people before they die? Another question I have is what a "great perhaps" is? I dont really get what he means by that. One other book that I think is really similar to this is The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Both of the main characters in each are a close group of friends. Miles and Charlie are the similar too because I feel like both are kind of awkward in social situations. They also are new to school, Charlie being in a new grade and Miles going to a whole new school than what he was used to. A movie that I think compares to this book is Mean Girls. Cady and Miles are alike because they are both new to a new area and make some friends except in Mean Girls Cady is friends with the Plastics as a joke. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of this book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment