Monday, August 11, 2014
Post 4 for summer reading
I chose to read Looking for Alaska instead of anything else on the list of books because I read The Fault in Our Stars which was by the same author and I really liked it. A lot of people told me that this book was good too so I decided to give it a try. At first I kind of thought it was slow and boring but it ended up getting better. I think the cover drew my attention because of the picture and title. At first I didn't know what Looking for Alaska was supposed to mean. I thought that something was lost and needed to be found. The picture made me curious too because of the smoke on the front. I wanted to know what it was like a candle or something else burning. I saw some connections with me and the book like how Pudge was uncomfortable at the school at first because thats how I am around new things. Something else I connected with was Alaska. She acts like a strong and confident person and thats how I want to be seen as. If I were to recommend this book to anyone I would say young adults/ anyone who has ever been so attracted to one person by the way they act and the things they do (like Pudge to Alaska).The story is really developed with a lot of big vocabulary so anyone who is reading this would have to be older. There are real world problems seen in this book too which can make it easier for people to relate. Overall I really enjoyed this book and hope to read more books by John Green.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment